Version 3.11, 1-Oct 1996
This is the first release of TurboLog under the responsibility
of new ownership by TurboLog Communications/*DJ9KG*/Güdesen & Klemp.
Change in ownership became effective by 1.Aug.1996.
- The whole code was restructured by creating new procedures
which are now called instead of writing the whole code many times. This saved
about 10 KBytes of memory which are now available for other purposes, e.g.
future major enhancements.
- A diagnosis window is now available upon mouse click on
"callsign" in the main logging window. More information is obtained in a second
window after any other key is pressed. The information provided helps users
to check their computer resources with respect to the demands of TurboLog.
The menue system was greatly enhanced. The highlight bar
remains on the menue item and does not always jump back to the first position.
The display type colour/mono is now recognized automatically.
A new file named "RUNERROR.LOG" will be created upon occurrence
of a run time error. This facility will help us to remotely tackle problems
you might have experienced. In case of troubles you should send us a printout
of this file.
Pokelink is activated for the following countries now: LA,
OH, SM and DL. The minimum time is fixed to 15 minutes in order to prevent
link congestion. A beep indicates the poke of a CR sent to the packet cluster.
- Start up parameters are made available and defined:
- MONO Force use of monochrome (Other parameters become
- HEAP displays the heap usage
- STACK Displays the stack usage
- MSG Displays the main message file usage in startup box
- ALLMSG Display and hold all message file usages at top
- WATCH Force TNC handshake watch on
- NOEMS Forces the overlay manager NOT to use EMS
- OVERLAY Show results of attempting to assign EMS for
- NOTNC Defeat all TNC checking (use only if no TNC present)
- HANDLES Display the file handle useage (In use /MaxUsed/
- CLOCK Display clock tick over-run counter
If you use these parameters for diagnosis purposes simply
type after the prompt:
TURBOLOG [PARAM 1] [PARAM 2]
to start TurboLog.
back to version index