Version 3.14, 31-03-1998
- This file, the other information files and listings can
now be printed. Please note the information given in the lower lines of the
screens. Capital letter "P" prints the whole file. Small letter "p" prints
a range of lines which needs to be identified by the keys F4 and F5. You can
scroll the file by means of the arrow keys. Move to the selected print range.
Mark the top line of the display as startline for the printout by pressing
the F4-key. Now move to the last line of the desired range. The bottom line
of the last screen may be marked as last line of the printout by pressing
the F5-key. If you now press "p" the marked range will be selected for printing.
- The print spooler operations are now available in all info-
and help- files as well as for the list operations. The F6-key calls the spooler
as indicated in the instruction line at the bottom of the screens.
- A new keyword file is now available for the dedicated US-County
hunter. The file COUNTIES.UIF contains all 3260 US-Counties and is ready for
immediate use with TL's powerfull keyword facilities. The keyword notation
for this one is: CXXnnn, where
- C stands for Counties,
- XX is the official US-State abreviation,
- nnn is the county number of this state in alphabetical order.
The price for this teaser is DM 30,-. By the way: You will find the County
name with the help of TL's CALLBOOK support (ALT-F6 fom the logging window).
So you just need to have the CALL of the US-station. Isn't that conclusive?
- Don't forget the other available keyword files, (DM 20,-
- IOTA The Island On The Air keyword file.
- DOK The German DLD-Award is based on these numbers.
- OBLAST Keyword file for the Russian OBLASTS.
- The size of the QSL label file was increased from 80 to
255 characters ( requested by OK1PD et alies).
- The lengths of the command strings under the basic window
cluster hotkeys were extended from 20 to 40 characters ( requested by OE5PX
- The editor is now available for editing the TNC initialisation
strings. Type ALT-E from various windows and select the file to edit. Press
T in order to create a new file.
- The `Watch TNC Handshake` toggle mode's status will now
be stored permanently by performing any of the 'Save' functions in the setup
menues. 'Watch' and 'Nowatch' are therefore not available as startup parameters
any longer. This keeps the logics straight.
- ALT-Z is now available as command for toggling the keyboard
between normal and morse mode.
- More information is now available in TL from the 98 Flying
Horse Callbook CD-ROM. Unfortunately this requires a new version of the driver
DOSLOGAC.EXE. This driver originates from the 15th of November 1997 and is
part of this update version. You still need to have the driver included in
your AUTOEXEC.BAT as described above in version info 3.12 :
Please note, the "97" has nothing to do with the year but
iden- tifies an interrupt. The new driver will read last year's CD-ROM but
last year's driver does not read this year's CD-ROM. Unfortunately we received
the new driver after 3.13 was just delivered to the subscribers of the automatic
update service. Sorry for any inconvenience which might have been happened.
We hope that the driver now remains constant for the next editions of the
- TL has now received a completely new designed interface
facility for the control of virtually any transceiver on the market which
is suited for rig control. This was a really demanding and time consuming
enhancement. It follows our guide line to allow the user to adapt TL to what
device soever without needing to ask us for a program(!) change, if a new
TNC, printer or rig comes to market. Also it is practically impossible to
keep up in changing with the flood of new devices for ham radio applications.
Since we do not have access to all rigs currently implemented in TL we have
created the following features:
- All old rigs are still available.
- Despite careful design and testing for a number of
rigs we cannot exclude minor troubles. Therefore:
- The cat menue under setup includes letter "O" to toggle
between old and new interface. The default is on "NEW". In case your
rig does not run under the new regime you can switch back to the old
facilities. Please drop us a line if you need to do this and describe
the results/deficiencies with your rig. After all current rigs run ok
under the new software we want to remove the old code in order to regain
memory capacity in about one year's time.
- If you want to connect a new rig named XYZ to TL's
menue list you need to create a file named XYZ.CAT under the subdirecty
DEVICES. You need to have the interface documentation for your rig in
order to specify the necessary items.
- CQ9, CT9 and CS9 were removed from the list as prefixes for
Macau since these prefixes are used in Portugal now.
- ST0 Southern Sudan degraded to "DELETED" as of 01-April-1998.
Thus there are now 328 DXCC and 58 DELETED countries.
back to version index