Version 3.20, 15-04-2001
- Following an information from Dick/G4DJC we have added the
BSX-1 to the list of TNCs. The file was derived from the PK-232 TNC-file by
modifying two lines: the INIT-command and the STREAMCH.
- We now provide the new service program PRINTGEN along with
TurboLog in order to help you to modify or create your customized print driver.
You will find the new facility on our homepage ready for separate download
or if you updated as a file under the root directory. The procedure is self
explaining since the program is eqipped with help remarks. You need to know,
however, that the ESCAPE-character is under the SCROLL-key ( top row, second
right ). In any case you need to have some knowledge of the control sequences
your specific printer requires. Source of information should be the printer's
manual or the manufacturer of the device. All you need to do is to assign
the control sequences to command letters and to adjust the margins for your
- The ALT-E edit facility was largely extended. You can now
edit any file of the disk drive you are on. Just type ALT-E where available
and ENTER as often as you need in order to arrive at the root of the file
you want to edit. Of course you can access all of TL's files this way, however,
you should edit only those which have been declared public explicitly in our
- You will now see the FINDIOTA facility predefined in any
new configura- tion file. This should help users to have faster access to
this powerful feature. Please note: you still need a suitable IOTA reference
file. You can edit this file yourself....or order it from us. ( See pricelist)
- The HERE/NOHERE toggle button in the banner line is now
available on all PACKET-related screens besides the logging screen (Basic,
Multiconnect) and should now work properly.
- On start-up of TL there always appeared the message " Initializing
TNC " whether PACKET was enabled or not. This message is now suppressed in
case the PACKET facility was disabled. The program then moves right into the
main screen on leave from the welcome window.
- LOCATOR listings were largely extended in such a way as to
allow the user to decide on the number of significant characters being used
for sorting. You can now sort on just the first letter of the locator or any
other number up to the maximum of 6. This new feature should make all 6-m
and VHF/UHF enthusiasts happy. The prompting is always activated before the
data output begins.
- The input of date and time in Post-Event-Logging was made
fail proof against data which was accidently pasted/copied into the input
line. Upon detection of illegal data the date and time defaults are activated.
Repeating the input data reestablishes the defaults and allows input of the
whole record with no further action required.
- PSK3 is now included as another standard mode in TL. Its
equivalent "599"-mode is CW. The new mode is available in newly installed
configu- ration files. Users updating are referred to the handbook for including
this mode into their collection. All you need to do is to include a line reading:
O> PSK3 MORSE CW in case you want to include PSK3(1). Please note:
there are only 4 letters available for a mode's notation.
- Based on data provided by G3YXX from TR-LOG gained from CQWWCW-contest
a new importfilter was designed. Althought just the standard ASCII-import
facility of TL was used to generate the filter with no changes inside the
program we have included this file as another ready to use example. Please
note that other contests may require minor adaptations of the filter. Those
changes, however, are straight forward and every user should find it easy
to perform them. Please also note that it may be useful to remove the top
header line of the logfiles to be imported in order to see the first logrecord
as top line. This makes it easier to adapt the fields to be extracted from
- The monitoring facility for CAT and TNC handshake ( CRTL-B
from most screens ) was extended as to now let you choose either HEX or ASCII
output for display or on file. This translation facility makes diagnosis in
many cases much easier. If you press the "H"-key you can toggle between HEX
and ASCII presentation. All those devices using HEX coded handshakes should
now loose much of their mysteries.
- Based on a question from G3NKS and G4PDQ concerning TL's
treatment of ambiguous prefixes in CONTEST REALTIME LOGGING mode we had to
confirm an old philosophy that did not offer choices from a pick-list. This
came originally in from attempts to save computing time on slow machines under
busy contest conditions. The feature has been in there for ever but does not
make too much sense these days. We now changed the code as to show exactly
the same behavior as in STATION LOGGING.
- The geographical coordinates for S9 suffered from an error/typo
in the latitude. This was corrected for the recent versions.
- Based on info provided by Nigel/G3TXF KB6 will not be given
a choice for Baker & Howland any longer but pure USA right away.
- Nigel also suggests RI to be taken as European Russia with
no alternative Uzbek any longer. Done! (...I just hope they don't change it
Outlook for version 3.21:
- Soundblaster digital voice processing for contests ( turns
out to be more critical than expected )
- Customizing the menu descriptions ( continuous background
- More import/export filters ( e.g.: ADIF)
- Lots of internal improvements and preparations towards WINDOWS,
YES, we have started Turbolog 4, the WINDOWS version! * Updates on COUNTRY.DAT,
bug fixes ( hopefully not necessary....hi )
- Etc. etc.....
back to version index